11 Follower

Maggie Stiefvater
Bereits gelesen: 34 %
Five Flavors of Dumb - Antony John 4 Totoros

Short conclusion:

Never before I've read an book written from a deaf person's POV, and even though there were no new insights to speak of, it was pretty interesting. I still don't know why the author made his MC deaf, or what deafness contributes to the plot (imo it wasn't that relevant), but I think it was authentic portrayed. In return the music stuff was not particularly credible, but absolutely amazing.
All in all Five Flavors of Dumb wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be, still it was an out-and-out enjoyable book. I liked the plot, and the protagonists were marvelous, albeit some of them were exaggerated.
Parts were so funny I nearly wet myself, other parts were tiresome and annoying. Parts felt incredibly realistic, other parts, however, forced and implausible. On the scale of things the good parts outweigh the bad ones :)
And the ending, well, it came to early for my liking. I just didn't want to let Piper, her parents, her brother, the band, and Ed (awww, Ed *__*) go. Apart from that it was great :)